Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Day 334, December 10

Once again I am quoting my son Rob:

"We all want to go out and get just the right gift for our loved ones.  Why don't we start with giving the PERFECT gift.  Start this season by giving yourself the FIRST gift and then go share His gift with all."

When I saw this on Rob's facebook page, I knew I had to use it, for he has given us the recipe for a perfect Christmas.  Too often in the past, I have fallen into the trap of thinking I had to spend X amount of dollars on each child, give the most expensive gift I could afford, whether that be $5 or $500.  The trouble was, gifts didn't bring happiness.  Love did.

And love of the Savior, love for the Savior, is the most precious gift we can possibly give.

Joy for today:  giving the perfect gift.


No comments:

Post a Comment