Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Day 326, December 2


One cannot tell when he is going to be healed, so do not try to set an exact time limit. Faith, not time, will determine when the cure will be effected. ~ Paramahansa Yogananda

Do we not all need to be healed in some manner?  Whether we are grieving over the death of a loved one or we are trying to come to terms with an abusive childhood or we are hurting because of the cruel actions of another, all of us need the healing power of the Savior.

As I read the above quote, I struggled with it, wondering if the author meant that if we have faith enough, we will be healed faster.  I don't think that was his intent.  I believe he meant that faith will bring us healing in the Lord's time and in the Lord's way, which are perfect.  The trouble is, we don't understand what His time and His way are.  Our understanding is finite, that of spiritual children who are trying to run before they can walk.

I know my understanding is that of a child.  I see a problem and I want to direct the Lord in how to fix it.  How arrogant.  How foolish.  How naive.  What I see what my mortal eyes is such a tiny part of the larger eternal picture.  I am trying to "let go and let God."

Joy for today:  being healed in the Lord's time and in the Lord's way.


No comments:

Post a Comment