Saturday, November 15, 2014

Day 318, November 22


When you really listen to yourself, you can heal yourself. ~ Ceanne Derohan

Do you listen to yourself?  Sometimes I don't.  Listen to myself, that is.  I am too busy paying attention to the buzz of noise from phones, televisions, ipads, and all the other things that make up our lives.

If I truly listened to myself, I think I would hear needs too fragile to be expressed.  Those oh-so-fragile needs are probably leftovers from past hurts and heartaches.  Precisely because they are so fragile, I bury them, afraid to allow them to be viewed, much less voiced aloud.

Maybe I would learn that I need someone to listen when I tried to sort out mixed feelings about my childhood.  Maybe I would learn that I need someone who listens without judging.  What would you learn if you genuinely listened to yourself?  Try it and see.

Joy for today:  listening and healing.

No comments:

Post a Comment