Saturday, November 15, 2014

Day 309, November 15

"The future is an unkonwn, but a somewhat predictable unknown.  To look to the future we must first look back upon the past.  That is where the seeds of the future were planted."--Albert Einstein

"To look back upon the past" can mean many things.  To look back upon my ancestry, the legacy of family, I read family journals, letters, talk with those who remember those times.  How grateful I am for those who kept histories and records of nearly a century ago.

"To look back upon the past" can also mean acknowledging the seeds I've planted, whether for good or for ill, and see what they have brought forth.  Some of those harvests have been wonderful; some, less so.  I bear a responsibility for both.

Joy for today:  looking back and look forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment