Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Day 270, October 7


"There are as many nights as days, and the one is just as long as the other in the year's course. Even a happy life cannot be without a measure of darkness and the word 'happy' would lose its meaning if it were not balanced by sadness." ~ Carl Jung

Scriptures teach us that there must be opposition in all things.  Lately, I feel like I've had more opposition than I needed, certainly more than I wanted.  "Why does everything have to be so hard?" I asked my husband one evening.  "Why can't anything ever be easy?"

Even as I said the words, I realized that I wouldn't fully appreciate something that came easily. In dealing with my pain over the loss of my dear sister, I rejoice on those days when the grief doesn't ambush me.  On those days when it does, I hunker down and resolve to get through it anyway I can.  Sometimes this means having a good pity party and then getting up and trying again.

Joy for today:  experiencing the bitter so that I might better know the sweet.



 

1 comment:

  1. How true it is that we must face opposition. There must be pain and sorrow to fully experience joy and happiness.

    ReplyDelete