Saturday, September 6, 2014

Day 239, September 6

I love this time of year.  I love the green-apple snap to the air.  I love the breeze that cools my face when I walk.  I love the changing colors.

"It should stay this way all year round," I said to my husband on an early morning walk.

He only smiled at me, knowing, as I did, that I didn't really want that.  I only thought I wanted it at that moment.

Isn't that the way with many things?  We think we want something.  We sometimes pray for that thing quite fervently.  Then we realize that if we were to be granted that, we probably wouldn't want it after all.

Of course, I like this beautiful weather.  And, of course, I think I want it to stay for the entire year.  But without the other seasons, the brilliance and beauty of fall would pale.  So I am trying to appreciate the blessing of it for the present.

Joy for today: reveling in today.

No comments:

Post a Comment