Monday, September 1, 2014

Day 234. September 1

The year is two-thirds over.  During the last months, I have been tested in ways I never wanted to be.  My heart aches, and it probably always will, as I contemplate going on without my precious sister.  The only thing that keeps me going at times is that someday I can be reunited with her.

Isn't the Father's plan wonderful?  That we can see those who have gone before again?  I rejoice in that, even when the tears come, as they so often do these days.  So, even though it's been difficult to find joy in these last weeks, I can still rejoice.  That is a miracle in itself.

Christ's sacrifice makes my grief bearable.  He lives.  And we will, too.

I have often quoted from one of my favorite hymns "I Know That My Redeemer Lives.".  One passage that resonates within my heart is "Oh, sweet the joy this sentence gives:  I know that my Redeemer lives."

Joy for today:  knowing that my Redeemer lives.


2 comments:

  1. This hymn is definitely in my top 10 favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can can't make it through this hymn without choking up.

    ReplyDelete