Saturday, July 26, 2014

Day 197, July 26

Have you seen the public service announcement on television showing a young boy at a piano concert?  The little boy "escapes" his parents and finds his way to the stage where a grand piano awaits.  To his parents' chagrin, he climbs up on the bench and beings playing "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star."

The featured pianist steps behind the boy, places his hands upon the piano, and says, "Don't quit.  Keep playing."  The master starts playing an accompaniment, an obligatto, his large hands surrounding the much smaller ones of the boy.

I imagine the Father telling me, "Don't quit.  Keep playing."  I like to think He is encouraging me, even when recognizing that my efforts are puny when compared to His.  I like to think of His arms surrounding me when I am tempted to give up.

Joy for today:  keeping playing.

1 comment: