Sunday, July 20, 2014

Day 191, July 20

Today is my sister Carla's birthday.  Carla and I have always been closer than sisters, more intimate than best friends.  We rely on each other.  We are there for each other.  We simply are.

Though we have much in common, we have some differences as well.  She is quiet and reflective, while I tend to be outspoken.  She is quick to forgive, while I hold onto a grudge like a drowning man holding onto a life preserver.  She is thin, while I am not.

I love her anyway.

The last years haven't been easy for Carla.  The death of her husband, health problems, and just yucky times have challenged her.  But she is still striving, still living righteously.

Joy for today:  loving Carla.


3 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to one of the dearest people I know. I love my Aunt Carla.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing about Carla with us.

    ReplyDelete