Monday, July 7, 2014

Day 188, July 7

In visiting at my sister's home, I had the opportunity to spend some time with her grandchildren.  I had brought small gifts for each of the children.  They came up to me, thanked me, and hugged my legs.

I was touched, not just by the sweetness of their actions and words but by the good manners they displayed.  In a world where manners are often thought to be out-of-date and out-of-style, these children's good parents took the time and effort to teach their children how to say thank you.

A small thing?  I don't think so.  What if each of us used our best manners--all of the time?  Wouldn't our homes, our workplaces, our communities, our worlds be better and happier places?  I refuse to apologize if that sounds naive for I believe that good manners would solve many of the problems that beset our society today.

Joy for today:  witnessing good manners from God's children.

1 comment:

  1. How sweet that you brought them little gifts and that they were so gracious.

    ReplyDelete