Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Day 183, July 2

In my bedroom hangs a picture of the Savior by one of my favorite artists, Greg Olson.  The picture shows the Savior in profile, His coutenance one of love and compassion.  I gaze at His likeness when I retire for the night and when I awake in the morning.

It reminds me that if I want to be whole, if I want to repair the broken pieces of my heart and soul, if I want to find solace from this world's cares and concerns, I need to look at Him, to look to Him.

Do you remember the story of the Israelites as they traversed in the wilderness?  They were beset by poisonous serpants.  Moses nailed a serpant to a cross and told the people that they had only to look upon it to be healed.  Because of the simplicity of the task, many people rejected it, and, thus, died.

And are we not occasionally similar to these wayward Israelites?  We refuse to accept the Savior's Atonement, His saving power, because it seems too simple.  We want to make it complicated, when it is not.

Joy for today:  looking to the Savior.


No comments:

Post a Comment