Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Day 106, April 16

"Life is a big thing, it's got size, and you shouldn't be applying your passion to puny things."--Peggy Noonan

A few days ago, I used Mother Theresa's words about "small things."  Now I'm quoting someone else, saying "Life is a big thing."  Are these contradictory?

I had to think about it for a while and decided, no, they're not contradictory at all.  For the small things done in great love (Mother Theresa) can become the big things (in the above quote).

I spend my days doing "small things."  I go visiting teaching to the sisters in our ward, I write cards, I am on my knees frequently praying for friends and family.  All small things.  But, I like to believe, they become big things when done with passion and love.

Joy for today:  making small things big.

No comments:

Post a Comment