Saturday, April 12, 2014

Day 102, April 12

"You are never too old or set a new goal or to dream a new dream." - C.S. Lewis

It is easy at this stage of my life to believe myself too old to try something new, to dream something new.  And isn't that sad?

When did I decide that "it's all over for me?"   I don't know.  Maybe it happened along the same time that gravity took over my body, sending all its parts southward.  Maybe it happened when I realized that my role as full-time mother was finished and I had been relegated to the sidelines in parenting.

Once again, I don't know.

And then I watched our church's General Conference a few years back where President Monson spoke about moving forward.  President Monson is in his mid 80s.  He is a remarkable man who never fails to leave me inspired by his words.  "Move forward."

Okay.  I admit it.  I'm not always moving forward.  Sometimes I'm taking several giant steps backward.  But then I pick myself up and try again.

Joy for today:  moving forward.




No comments:

Post a Comment